Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Improve Radio Broadcast Quality?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charger

Charger

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:42 AM

Hello humans.

I occasionally listen to online radio stations on winamp with no problem. I know the kbps before I load up the station so I accept whatever I get. Some of it is pretty decent quality.

But the website broadcasts of my local Houston radio stations always have a tinny sound to them, so I don't listen, which is a shame because I'd like to take advantage of having it on my computer with its sound setup instead of turning my stereo on.

Is there any way to improve this quality on my side, or is that just how everyone is going to hear it who listens online? I can't imagine anyone wanting to listen to it that way unless it's on small, low quality speakers played at a low volume. Like listening to it at work in a cubicle.

EDIT: This might be better suited for the Audio/Video section. My apologies if that's so.

Edited by Charger, 27 May 2007 - 05:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

Hi Charger.
What you hear is what you get. Stations using a very low bit rate stream produce low quality audio. There is nothing you can do on your end to control that. The stations need to clean up their act. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users