Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Behaviour Windows Xp Professional

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 usman3206

usman3206

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

I have strange problem, may be some one can guide me on to this. I have a P2, 400 MHz old machine running windows xp service pack2. It performed well according to its capacity till now. Now something strange is happening, once suddenly when i started windows it showed to have loaded only the basic hardware and software components. Copy option was available but paste option was in the gray. Net connection was visible only on the shortcut and that too did not work, and properties showed its target area to be in the grey shades. No sound was audible with any media player but system device manager showed every thing to be working fine. Tried to create new internet connection but the connect internet manually option appeared in the grey shade and not available. Could not understand any reason. Ran antivirus AVG and disk scan both showed every thing to be perfectly fine. Tried to repair windows with installer but after rebooting and setup showed fatal error again and again, frustrated reinstalled whole windows again and it all started perfectly but again after normal turn off and restarting windows same problem again appeared. Again reformated and reinstalled windows and everything started well but again at restart same problem. I have formated and reinstalled windows xp many a times but i just i can't understand the problem. I am an old computer user from 80286 family and DOS 4 and have good know how and usually almost always handle problems by myself but this time i am really stuck. Could you guys help me understand this???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

This sounds more like a hardware problem than a malware problem. Have you run memory or hdd tests?
Anyway, here is a bump.
You might want to post in the Windows Xp Home and Professional forum. Link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/56/windows-xp-home-and-professional/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users