Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Increase Shared Video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nixgod

nixgod

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:05 AM

i just bought a used dell laptpop an inspiron 1100. it is suppose to be able to share up to 64mb of memory for video. when i look in the bios it shows 8mb being used but i cab't find anything to select to change that. When i use dxdiag to see what is being used it also says 8mb being used with a max of 64mb. how can i change this so 64 is always being used. i have a game that i want to install that works on another laptop with 32mb of video.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:56 AM

Hi nixgod.
If there is no bios setting for it then it is completely controlled by the chipset.
It should borrow video memory dynamicly on demand. If you are testing at an idle state or from the bios, virtually no video memory is required. However, to reach the maximum (or "up to") usually means that the laptop must contain the maximum main memory to do so. How much ram is installed in the laptop? If it is below 512mb, you're not likely to get the full 64. That system maxes out at 1gb. If you are at 512mb or above, I'd suggest a bios, chipset and video driver update, in that order, as possible solutions. Let us know.

#3 nixgod

nixgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:16 PM

I found out i needed to do a bios update then i could changed the share amount. unfortunatly the it will not help. there is something else that is keeping the game from playing that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users