Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Drivers?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Niniane

Niniane

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:32 AM

I recently installed a new hard drive in my computer (Pentium 4, 3 GHz, 512 Mb Ram) replacing the previous one (see my last thread!) and have installed the OEM Version of Windows XP (SP1) that came with the original computer. I have not been able to connect to the internet, have no sound, one of the DVD drives is not recognised and cannot reassign drive letters to the various components (the new hard drive is listed as Drive I?? with nothing listed as C). Looking at the Device Manager I have the following items listed as not having drivers installed: ethernet controller, Multimedia Audio controller, Multimedia controller, Network controller, SM Bus controller, Unknown device (?), USB Receiver, Video Controller and Video Controller (VGA compatible). They are all listed under Code 28 in the Device Manager. The Communications Port (COM 2) is also yellow with the device status saying that the device cannot find enough free resources it can use (Code 12).
I don't have any other disks that came with the original computer (other than a few software programs such as Nero that I have already installed).

Can anyone give me an idea of what is wrong and what I might be able to do to fix the problem?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:12 AM

duplicate post see this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93578/missing-drivers/
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users