Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Christoph182

Christoph182

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

Hey guys... I have Microsoft Office 2003 installed on my windows xp pro. I dont remember where I put the piece of paper with the serial key for office 2003. Can I check somewhere in windows? thanks/.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 25 May 2007 - 10:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

Belarc Advisor will pull your key from your system for you

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:13 AM

Generally it comes affixed to the back of the CD jewel case.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:35 PM

You should also make note of any other cd keys found by Belarc. Write them down or print them out. And put in a safe place where you will know where they are when you need them. I keep mine in a notepad file called Codes and it is stored on both my c drive and d drive in addition to being printed out. With them in a .txt file, easy to copy then paste into a program.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:11 AM

Please download SIW
SIW is a System Information tool that gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings. A utility that includes detailed specs for Motherboard, BIOS, CPU, Devices, Memory, Video, Drives, Ports, Printers. It displays information about Operating System, Installed Programs, Processes, Services, Product Key (CD key), Serial Numbers, Users, Open Files, System uptime, Users, Network, Network Shares, and more, as well as real-time monitors for CPU, Memory, Page File usage and network traffic. SIW also displays currently active network connections, Passwords hidden behind asterisks, installed codecs, and more. A standalone tool that does not require installation.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

You should also make note of any other cd keys found by Belarc. Write them down or print them out. And put in a safe place where you will know where they are when you need them. I keep mine in a notepad file called Codes and it is stored on both my c drive and d drive in addition to being printed out. With them in a .txt file, easy to copy then paste into a program.

In addition to that, I use a marker pen and write down all relevant info and numbers inside my case. Call me paranoid :thumbsup:
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users