Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Change - Display Settings

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 super goku

super goku

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hey,

I recently changed my monitor and my display settings wont change automatically. Each time I restart the computer, I must right click-->properties--->settings and put in the right screen display size.

How can I make it the new default?

Thank you,
Foku

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:20 AM

I'd suggest updating your monitor's drivers.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 super goku

super goku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:33 AM

I tried but cant find the site to update the monitor's drivers...

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

Control Panel>Display>Settings. Make your change there. Click "Apply". You'll be prompted to save changes. Click "yes" and then OK. To help with your monitor drivers we need to know the make and model #
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 super goku

super goku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

My monitor type is: inext
Product Model: MOI17-BK

HELP!!

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

Control Panel>Display>Settings. Make your change there. Click "Apply". You'll be prompted to save changes. Click "yes" and then OK. To help with your monitor drivers we need to know the make and model #
Mark

Did you try this approach?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#7 super goku

super goku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

Yes, I have tried that approach but nothing works...

Im thinking maybe somehow, my old drivers are still installed? Is there a way to check? When I installed that new monitor, it was just plug and play...no drivers to install

#8 super goku

super goku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:56 AM

For those of you who run into the same problem...I removed my current drivers but apparantly windows stores a copy of your drivers on system32 and upon restart it re-installed my drivers and I was able to configure them for the new monitor!

Thanks again

#9 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

Glad you got it figured out. :thumbsup: Thanks for posting your results thats how we all learn. :huh:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users