Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! My Comp Is Infected With Cid Pop-ups!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 system_clean_up

system_clean_up

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

Hello Everyone

This is my first post, so any help will be very much appreciated!

I googled my dilemma and i found a post made in a topic called 'HijackThis Logs and Analysis' very useful, however when i tried a few things on my system, i was unable to find certain files and entries.

How can i get rid of this horrible pop up forever?
How do i go about getting a log file to show you the problem?

Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer system_clean_up,

Our Hijack Team will assist you in removing the CiD pop-ups.
Please read and follow the instructions in this topic; Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log .
When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, Not Here.

After posting a log you should not make any changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member.

If you haven't heard back from them in 5 days, go to this topic, Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?, and carefully follow all directions.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

CiD is associated with the LOP parasite and comes with numerous bundles of software.

Do you have Netpumper installed? If so, uninstall it via start > controlpanel > software > add/remove programs. This because Netpumper is bundled with the malware you are dealing with (lop).
Also look if next are present in software > add/remove programs and uninstall them:

CiD Help
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Zone Media

Then reboot. Important!

After reboot,

* Download Deljob.exe and save it on your desktop.
http://home.hetnet.nl/~stefsmeenk/deljob.exe
Doubleclick Deljob.exe.
In case infected, you'll get a message that "Suspicious files" are found.
When the suspicious files look similar like: B2D78CB491483981.job (random numbers and letters),
then select option 2 by typing 2 and hit enter.

A log, (logit.txt) should open afterwards. This log will be present on your desktop
Post the contents of the logfile and a HijackThis log by following Tmack's instructions in the Hijack This forum. Not In This Forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.8.0/817 - Release Date: 5/24/2007 4:01 PM

Edited by buddy215, 25 May 2007 - 06:44 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users