Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disable Router Firewall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gheese

gheese

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

running windows 98 and LIMEWIRE will not let me download anything... says the ROUTER is blocking the searches... i do NOT have the manual to access the firewall section

How can i fix the firewall to accept limewire to download files???

limewire does connect, just will not allow a search to work bc limewire is considered possible to get a virus etc etc (atleast i think that is the problem)

Moved from the 9x\ME Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 25 May 2007 - 07:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:16 PM

You have to open a certain port. I don't use Limewire so I don't know which one. Check their FAQ's and support pages
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:40 AM

You may want to give it a try in www.portforward.com.

Search for your router brand and model and/or search under common ports section.

#4 gheese

gheese
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:15 AM

Great page, thanks!

Maybe i should just put in xp for him??? Although I am not really wanting to have to do all of that due to the programs I have loaded recently... and work I have done. Come to think of it though why in the world would I see 98 running, and go with it... I dont know why I didnt just automatically toss that out.

I have been to the access page where it says enter ID pword... problem is it is not set to default which is usually BLANK - admin as pword... now what???

There is now way to put in new operating system with transferring info over and not having to download and install all programs again, is there??? For example on my computer I just toss my info the external drive, but then have to reinstall everything.

Edited by gheese, 26 May 2007 - 06:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users