Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incredimail.com

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lgtootsiepop

lgtootsiepop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:34 AM

undefined undefined undefined [SIZE=14][COLOR=red] :flowers: [FONT=Arial][SIZE=14][I] opened an account at Incredimail.com because I was unable to send and receive at Outlook Express. It would not send either. I used to have Incredimail and it worked fine. Since I connected to Adelphia high speed Internet that's when my problems started. Have written to them to no avail. Do not know how to cut and paste to put my Incredimail Premium and Gold Codes back in that I paid for last 7/04. All these months and still have email problems. Can anyone help me? Sure glad to find this
Bleeping Computer Site and hope it helps me out. lgtootsiepop

undefined

undefined
:thumbsup:

Edited by lgtootsiepop, 18 January 2005 - 02:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:02 AM

Below is a link to Grinler's tutorial on cutting, copying and pasting. I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

As far as Incredimail is concerned. I had it at one time. I experienced quite a bit of trouble sending e-mails. I would have to try and send them several times to get them to go through. Incredimail is fun. But was not worth it to me. Why don't you check into Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, or even your ISP's e-mail service.

How to Cut, Copy and Paste in Windows

Edited by scarlett, 18 January 2005 - 11:06 AM.

Posted Image

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:02 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.
Having trouble with email sure stinks. We
have all gone through it once or twice with
different email accounts. I, for one, am not
fond of Outlook Express as it is just garbage
in my opinion so I never use it. I'm not very
familiar with Incredimail but you were right
to make an attempt with your new ISP.

I Google'd for your problem and found this:

Incredimail troubles

Please read that link and see if it helps.
If not, post back and we'll try again.

Thanks and glad to have you with us.

~67~

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:22 AM

Since neither Email application works, it may be that you have not set up your POP account correctly---it may be that Adelphia has different server addresses for high speed than for regular dial up, or requires a password.
The first thing I would do is to check at Adelphia's homepage and look for a help or for a FAQ section about Email and pop accounts. Check to see that what you have in the OE account matches EXACTLY what Adelphia tells you. Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties should allow you to validate how you have set up the account in OExpress.
I would also check to see if your problem is caused by a firewall blocking the applications.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 lgtootsiepop

lgtootsiepop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the info on Incredimail and Outlook Express. Called Microsoft today and it was found to be a ccap file in the Norton Internet Security that was put on my computer three weeks ago. So I have to disable the Firewall to send and receive. Outlook is working now but Incredimail locked up on me. Using the same info. I know about the Pop 3 and the other things you have to do to set up an accout. My computer is new so I know it's not a virus. Didn't ask for Norton and know nothing about it. Had Panda before and it seemed to work fine. Does anyone out there have any Security Protection they would highly recommend? I had heard that Norton didn't do so well when somewhere a test was done on anti-virus protetor's. lgtootsiepop :thumbsup:

#6 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:00 PM

Norton and McAfee are the 2 that usually come with manufactured computers. However, most will recommend tossing those out for AVG instead. It has a free version available you can download right off the internet. I suggest it highly. It's very good. Don't be fooled by it being a free version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users