Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojans, Blue Screen Of Death + Trouble In Normal Mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 butterfly_collector

butterfly_collector

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:11 AM

i have two questions:
first, sophos antivirus found at least four trojans (Clicker-EK, Dorf-G, Dlena-A, Clickr-AB) and i really don't know how it even contracted those things! I haven't gone to any mysterious websites outside the ones I usually visit. What can I do to prevent them from even getting into my computer? i'm guessing i need a better firewall? cuz my sophos antivirus doesn't seem to have real-time prevention.

second and most important, my computer's been blue screening me frequently and it's so frustrating! previously, it got infected with brave sentry/spy sheriff and i think it's all gone. but lately, i keep getting the blue screen of death and it forces my computer to restart. i can never catch what the blue screen says but after it restarts, the windows error popup shows and asks me to send an error report to microsoft. the error report content says it's about "Mini052207-01.dmp and sysdata.xml" and when i send it, it takes me to this page that says i have a "device driver error". they don't have a fix for it but i was wondering if you all could give me some insight? it's really frustrating to be in normal mode because i can anticipate the blue screen of death forcing me to restart.

thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:17 AM

See this link:

How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!

With regards to the BSOD, next time it happens copy down the error message (including all the numbers) and post it back here. That will help people indentify the cause of the problem.

Another tip is to supplement your antivirus with occasional online scans, such as HouseCall.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 billloukas

billloukas

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:20 AM

second and most important, my computer's been blue screening me frequently and it's so frustrating! previously, it got infected with brave sentry/spy sheriff and i think it's all gone. but lately, i keep getting the blue screen of death and it forces my computer to restart. i can never catch what the blue screen says but after it restarts, the windows error popup shows and asks me to send an error report to microsoft. the error report content says it's about "Mini052207-01.dmp and sysdata.xml" and when i send it, it takes me to this page that says i have a "device driver error". they don't have a fix for it but i was wondering if you all could give me some insight? it's really frustrating to be in normal mode because i can anticipate the blue screen of death forcing me to restart.

I have this problem also
Please help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

ps the message wrote:
Your System has recovered from a serious error to see more about it click here:
BCCode:100000d1 BCP1:83000000 BCP2:00000002 BCP3:000000000
BPC4:F7935988 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:265_1
And then by clicking to View technical info about that problem it said:
Mini052207-01.dmp and sysdata.xml writing also the directory of them.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT.......

Edited by billloukas, 24 May 2007 - 03:29 AM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:28 AM

Try disabling the automatic restart function to see if you can catch the BSOD message.

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under “Startup & Recovery,” click Settings. Under “System Failure,” uncheck the box in front of “Automatically restart.”
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 butterfly_collector

butterfly_collector
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:18 AM

i did uncheck the automatic restart option but it still restarts on it's own ... well, next time it happens, hopefully it won't restart on me.
and hahaha, not 4 but 21. -_-;;

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:22 AM

Another thing to try is looking in the Event Viewer for any errors that occurred at the time of the BSOD.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:56 AM

How to view and manage event logs in Event Viewer.
How To Use the Event Viewer Applet.

An easy way to use Event Viewer is to create a log as follows:
Click Start > Run and type: eventvwr
press Ok or Enter.
In the right pane, right-click on "Applications", select save log file as, and save the log to your desktop as app.csv
In the right pane, right-click on "System", select save log file as, and save the log to your desktop as sys.csv
You can use Notepad to open each .csv file and search for any problems.

See "Extract troubleshooting info from Windows XP BSOD error messages" and How to Find BSOD Error Messages

Also see
"Memory Dumps in XP" and for your particular issue with sysdata.xml, see "Examining Errors".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:38 AM

Butterfly collector,you might want to carry on with your topic here:
HijackThis Logs and Analysis:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry524629
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:10 AM

butterfly_collector,

As RichieUK pointed out, you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
You shouldn not be making any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users