Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I Buy A Mac?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:06 AM

ok so my school was priveledged enough for the teacher's that had the wayyyy old mac's in their room to get new flat panel 17 inch imac's and I am impressed because I aid for one of the teachers that have one of the new IMac's and they are pretty good machine's they also for some reason don't have any filters on the internet so I can go on any website but that is besides the point of my bringing of this topic. I graduate this year and I want to buy a laptop, and I have been looking around for a pc laptop, ex. hp.com I built a pc laptop to the highest ability and it seems that the MacBook Pro $2,400.00 version is still better than the pc is this true? or is the 2.33Ghz proccessor Intel duo core better than the top Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7300 (2.0GHz/4MB L2Cache) for pc laptop? My point is would it be a better investment to buy the Macbook pro laptop, instead of a equivilant pc laptop, because I run Vista on my main computer and it's nice but really not that much different than Xp, and I have also noticed alot of "similar" components on Vista that have already been on Mac's. Also I am not much of a gamer so it won't really be a gaming laptop, if anything I could use bootcamp and switch to Windows to play games, right?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

All else being equal - not that it ever really is - if you are able to do everything you want or need to do on your desktop running Vista, then why not get a notebook running Vista and somewhat standardize what you are doing. Also, file compatibility between the two PCs would be somewhat seemless.

On the other hand, if you think you'd like a MacBook, and don't mind that they will run a little different and there may be a little extra file compatibility effort on your part, you certainly won't be making a bad decision.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users