Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

Anyone see the season finale? I am so frustrated with this show.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

No, I haven't seen it, Grinler ... but on my home page, right after reading your post, it had a news headline re 'Lost' and the final episode.

Reading the below will give away the ending, but just in case you want to read it, I've added it below:

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

'Lost' season-ender offers hope, then dashes it (maybe) for stranded islanders

NEW YORK (AP) - The good news: the plan hatched by our "Lost" friends to call for help actually worked. The bad news: they may be in deeper trouble than before.

Wednesday night's season finale of ABC's adventure-mystery was terrific, a two-hour testament to being careful what you wish for (even when things seem to go right for the "Lost" crew, they actually get worse).

This season was often slow-moving and unfocused. But the powerful season-ending episode redeemed the series with the shrewdness and intrigue that made it so addictive in the first place. It will be a long wait for smitten viewers until early 2008, when "Lost" comes back for its fourth season.

Spoiler alert: go no further if you don't want to know what happened in the finale.

The latest opportunity to get off the island had presented itself with the parachute arrival of Naomi and her satellite phone, which could contact a freighter just a few kilometres offshore.

But two obstacles remained: Rousseau's tape-loop plea for help, which had aired non-stop for 16 years from the island's radio tower and was blocking any sat-phone calls. Worse, the infamous Others were jamming all radio signals from an underwater lab.

Last week, Charlie volunteered to make the perilous dive to the submerged station and disable the jamming device - despite Desmond's premonitions that the excursion would end with Charlie drowning.

Nothing ever happens as expected on "Lost," of course. But despite unforeseen complications, rock star Charlie (played by Dominic Monaghan) shut off the jammer, as he hoped. Then, as predicted, he drowned.

For a while, it appeared three other regulars - Jin, Sayid and Bernard - were also on the show's hit list: they were taken prisoner during the Others' beach raid, and were thought to have been executed. But by episode's end they were alive and free.

Meanwhile, the main group, led by Jack, made the journey to the radio tower, where Rousseau's message was successfully silenced.

But then, as Naomi attempted to place the sat-phone call to the ship, she was stabbed to death. The killer was none other than Locke, who long ago "went native" and has sabotaged efforts by his fellow plane-crash survivors to flee the island.

Locke's appearance was a surprise: two episodes ago, viewers saw him shot and left for dead in the jungle by Ben, leader of the Others.

When Jack retrieved the phone from the fallen Naomi, Locke aimed a gun at Jack, threatening to kill him, too, if he made the call.

"You're not supposed to do this," Locke said.

Naturally, none of the survivors bought his argument.

Nor had they believed Ben, arriving moments earlier to implore Jack not to place the call. Naomi wasn't who she claimed to be, he warned Jack. She was "one of the bad guys."

"If you phone her boat," declared Ben, who has been known to lie for his own purposes, "every single living person on this island will be killed."

But Jack completed the call. It seemed help was on the way.

That is, unless Ben and Locke were right that alerting the boat was a grave mistake - a fear that viewers were starting to share.

"I'm telling you," Ben said, "making that call is the beginning of the end."

Maybe Ben was telling the truth. And with the narrative cutaways throughout this episode, "Lost" may have signalled a shift into a new phase next season, positioning the saga for its end: instead of the customary flashbacks, viewers for the first time got a glimpse of the future.

And that future guarantees there's life after the island.

The scenes focused on Jack, in miserable shape in Los Angeles. A lost soul, he was drunk and drugged out, barely able to function. When his eye fell on a newspaper story that reported someone's death (just who, the viewer didn't learn), he was nearly driven to suicide.

Then, in the closing scene, he met up with Kate, for whom he seemed to be carrying a torch. Pathetically, he told her he makes a practice of taking airline flights - hoping the jet will crash and put him back where he thinks he belongs.

"Every little bump we hit, I actually close my eyes and pray that I can get back," he said.

"We made a mistake. We were not supposed to leave."

"Yes, we were," Kate said sternly.

"We have to go back, Kate!" Jack said in despair.

Viewers, left mystified and tantalized, won't be able to go back to "Lost" until next year.

(Source: http://www.mytelus.com/ncp_news/article.en...ticleID=2675529 )
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

"We have to go back, Kate!" Jack said in despair.

In the fog between waking up and being awake this morning, that scene was playing in my head. :thumbsup:

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

Supposedly, the season finale was going to answer many questions.

But did it?

The main question, something along the lines of "what is the island?" wasn't answered. We still don't know what makes it so special and so hidden from the outside world and how it heals people.

The black smokey thing that didn't especially like Mr. Echo, and really doesn't like the sonic fence is what? Well, it's the "black smokey thing that didn't especially like Mr. Echo, and really doesn't like the sonic fence"! I'm hoping that someday we'll get flashbacks that show the island and we learn whether the black smokey thing is forced to live as a hermit or whether it finally gets to meet a white smokey thing and live happily ever after.

We did get what we thought were flashbacks that turned out to be "flashforwards". It appears that Jack remained lost after he was found, while Kate now appears to have found herself after she was lost.

It does appear that once someone leaves the island, they can not go back. Locke most likely didn't leave. Does Desmond? Which of those that do are now in the "found" column and which are still in the "lost"?

The most compelling question -

Did Al Gore include the polar bears on that island in his "Global Warming is killing the polar bears" scenario?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#5 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:54 AM

No Al Gore didn't....But I think he did lobby to have the show shut down after they shot a polar bear in season one.

It took some convincing, but they finally explained to Al that the polar bears were animated by computer....Al responded with a new campaign to "save computer animated animals from mass genocide."

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:56 AM

Al responded with a new campaign to "save computer animated animals from mass genocide."

I could warm up to that!

:thumbsup:

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:40 AM

The black smokey thing that didn't especially like Mr. Echo, and really doesn't like the sonic fence is what? Well, it's the "black smokey thing that didn't especially like Mr. Echo, and really doesn't like the sonic fence"! I'm hoping that someday we'll get flashbacks that show the island and we learn whether the black smokey thing is forced to live as a hermit or whether it finally gets to meet a white smokey thing and live happily ever after.

I think we saw the black smoke in the finale. I believe it made itself look like Walt to get locke out of the ditch.

Also, who died? Pissed me off that they never said.

LOL on the gore comment.

#8 JohnWho

JohnWho

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

I think we saw the black smoke in the finale. I believe it made itself look like Walt to get locke out of the ditch.

Also, who died? Pissed me off that they never said.

You mean besides Charlie, the two women with him in the "Looking Glass", and the guy that pulled the pin on the grenade, Naomi, and the 9 or 10 "others" who were killed when the tents blew up and Hurley, etc. rescued Jin, Sayeed, and Bernard?

Oh, you mean who was it that Kate and Jack were talking about?

I don't know - I didn't attend that funeral, either.

:thumbsup:

#9 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:40 PM

Maybe its Locke they were crying over.

btw, I have yet to see the finale. Hope I can download it tonight.

Edited by jwinathome, 24 May 2007 - 12:41 PM.

#10 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:09 AM

right now that i,ve seen the season 3 finale i can post about my theories and they may take awhile but bear with me

to answer some of the questions asked here
who's funeral was it ?apparently the persons name was john lantham whose he?you may ask well i think it is someone we are yet to meet .
the black smoke i think is something to do with the volcanic ash round jacobs cabin, maybe jacob use's this to protect the island.
i also think tht they might be in some sort of time dialation field things go slower or faster on the island thn off the island ,would sort of put a little bit of light on why richard has 'nt aged and why locke ,naomi and mikhail healed
so quick
i think tht whatever has happened on the island has something to do with the slavery ship"the black rock" and maybe the original inhabitants were the crew of the boat.

as for the numbers they are explained on a site i came across,and once my search bars are working again i will post the link to the explanation.i will say from what i can remember the numbers are an equation tht predicts the end of the world and that was why the dharma initiave was set up on the island to break this equation.
as for the finale as a whole wow been on my mind all night trying to figure that one out.
will post the links as soon as i can fix my browser :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#11 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

here,s the link explaining the numbersdharma initiave
this was made by the makers of lost to go with the internet back story
enjoy :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#12 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

Yes, but that does not explain why the numbers brought hurley bad luck etc. There is more to the numbers than what is explained in the video.

From what I understand, the producers have lost track of the show and do not know where they are going anymore.

#13 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:36 PM

From what I understand, the producers have lost track of the show and do not know where they are going anymore.

i have to disgree grinler i think they know excactly were they are going ,remember in season 1 when walt was reading the comic book and there was a polar bear in it and next thing there was a polar bear on the island.
i think evething will become apparent in the end.
i don't think they have lost track as the writers of the show have people tracing threads on forums about the show and are constantly up to date as what the viewers are thinking.
on another note the funeral home jack visited was called hoffs/drawlar which is an anagram of flash foward
co-incedence?
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#14 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:39 PM

on another note the funeral home jack visited was called hoffs/drawlar which is an anagram of flash foward
co-incedence?

Hey cool....thanks for pointing that out.

I also disagree...the hidden intricacies of the plot show that they know exactly whats been going on and gonna happen. The only seriously question I had with the entire show was...what was up with that stupid episode with the couple and the spiders? They basically killed each other. I thought that was such a waste of time, and I actually stopped watching about 3/4 of the way through.

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:37 AM

i have to disgree grinler i think they know excactly were they are going ,remember in season 1 when walt was reading the comic book and there was a polar bear in it and next thing there was a polar bear on the island.

I have family who work in the "business" and the rumors floating around are that they lost direction. Whether that is true or not I do not know.

I hope your right though.

Yeah I saw that as well.

hat was up with that stupid episode with the couple and the spiders?

Well that was just a little hitchcockian thriller thrown in. Kinda liked it, but I agree it was a waste of time.

So what is everyone's theory? We know Jacob is real as we saw him, but he is obviously something unnatural. Richard does not age etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users