Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Murdered A Family Pet And Now People Are "mean" To Him

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

A 19 year old awaits trial ...

(Quote: "Facing trial for his part in the fatal injuries suffered by family dog Daisy Duke last October, Daniel Charles Haskett, 19, changed his plea Wednesday to guilty. He also pleaded guilty to another charge of obstruction of justice for lying to police when he initially told them that Daisy, his mother's Lab-border-collie cross, had run away.

In fact, Daisy had been run over twice, bound with duct tape, had a bag taped over her head in a suffocation attempt, hit with a shovel and finally left to die in an intersection after being dragged behind a car"
(Unquote)

Apparently the young man has said he's "sorry" and his lawyer must feel sorry for him as the following is a quote from his lawyer:

"It's certainly had a very negative impact on him. Life has been much harder on him. Some of the people have been very mean about it all."

(Source and full story: http://www.mytelus.com/ncp_news/article.en...icleID=2658447)

- - - -

Well duh, I'm afraid I'd be 'mean about it' too - what does he expect, people to embrace him and ask to be his friend?!! Geesh. The scary thing is - and I honestly believe this - that someone who can do what he did may someday do that to another innocent creature and/or innocent person.

Wonder if his mom feels the same about him now as she did the day before he murdered her furry friend. Huge sigh.

Just wondering what the other members feel his punishment should be, if any?
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

That's easy... run over twice,...bound with duct tape...suffocated..hit with a shovel....dragged behind a car.

Yep. that should about do it. :thumbsup:

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

Thats heart wrenching! That makes my head ache. Animals are innocent! They depend upon humans to love them. A person that dog trusted turned on HER! And people talk about dogs turning on people. Hmmpf

I think Groovicus has the right of it. I would like a chance to be "mean" to that kid.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 bilko

bilko

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:00 PM

Its very sick and sad, but lets not forget it only an animal. People get murdered, beaten and tortured everyday and most stories dont even make the news.
Posted Image

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:12 PM

Well personally. Id get good and primed and then go after the *bleep* with my baseball bat (note: work the body... more pain) Seriously this is one sick, twisted individual and he deserves a good beating. if the people outside of prison dont get him the ones inside will (prisoners tend to like dogs. at least thats what I've noticed)

Posted Image

#6 ghostwriter

ghostwriter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

That's easy... run over twice,...bound with duct tape...suffocated..hit with a shovel....dragged behind a car.

Yep. that should about do it. :thumbsup:

With you on that one groovicus!!!!

Its very sick and sad, but lets not forget it only an animal. People get murdered, beaten and tortured everyday and most stories dont even make the news.

Bilko, let me put this to you.......in the animal world, animals only kill for food, sickness or weakness or because they are threatened.
Yet, the non "animals" of the world - us humans, intellegent, moral, ethical, emotion, problem solvers etc we kill for fun, fame, jealousy, power, pleasure. Yes we kill for food, sickness (outrageous!), fear and threats (Plausable).
We have, supposedly the most power and intellegence and yet we are the most depicable species on this planet.

We tamed the animal species for our companionship not the other way around. We are not superior to nature itself and we should respect not just ourselves but everything that we share with this world.

thanks
What you do in life does matter……Each choice and action you make has
consequences, good or bad. Which path will you take?

#7 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:53 AM

What an absolute scumbag.

#8 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:49 AM

I asked MaraM if I could include a Link to a Shocking Animal Cruelty incident which had our Nation appalled,and MaraM welcomed the inclusion,so here it is.Thanks MaraM.
This incdent hapened 10 KLMS from where I live.The facts which emerged later is they stomped on this poor defenceless kitten,kicked it,Rode over the poor thing with their Bicycles and then threw it on the Train tracks.A Police Woman jumped onto the tracks and saved it.Took it to the Vet,and after weeks in hospital, has it as her own Pet now.The culprits were caught.
Shocking to hear about the Poor Dog.There are some sick People in this world.I hope the Inmates where he is now will meter out just Revenge.A lot of imates are cruel to their fellow Man,but kind to Animals.I have read many cases where animals are concerned,a lot of Inmates show kindness towards them.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/photos...6110937172.html

Edited by DSTM, 24 May 2007 - 03:22 AM.

#9 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:54 AM

The act itself is despicable - but also what kind of person can his lawyer be to actually seem baffled why people "are mean" to his client? Good grief!

And I do understand the frustration when the murder of a person hardly 'warrants' news headlines anymore, but feeling repulsion towards this creep doesn't negate the loathing we feel towards those that murder people - rather somehow, in my own mind at least, I think a person who can do something like this is more than able to take a human life. Sort of an 'interchangeable' brute.
- - - - - -

Thanks, DSTM! I felt ill reading what these _____'s did! And I'm just so, so grateful they are not my children as I honestly do not know what I would do to them. (Always think of the old Bill Crosby sitcom ... where he says, "I brought you into this world and I can take you out!" )

Edited by MaraM, 24 May 2007 - 02:03 AM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#10 bilko

bilko

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:00 AM

I'm totally against animal cruelty. My point was people seem to have forgotten that this goes on against humans every day and nobody bats an eyelid.

Yes I hope the full force of the law is thrown at him, but I only hope for the sake of human victims that the punishment he recieves is less than he would have got for a similar assault on a person, or we run the risks then of saying humans are worth less than animals. (some humans are worth less than animals though)
Posted Image

#11 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:33 AM

I'm totally against animal cruelty. My point was people seem to have forgotten that this goes on against humans every day and nobody bats an eyelid.

Yes I hope the full force of the law is thrown at him, but I only hope for the sake of human victims that the punishment he recieves is less than he would have got for a similar assault on a person, or we run the risks then of saying humans are worth less than animals. (some humans are worth less than animals though)

In a lot of cases they are worth less in my opinion.This is not a comparison test of who is worth more.This is about what Human Beings do to another species,not their own.And the other Species is Defenceless, whats more.

#12 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:55 AM

I'm with groovicus on this... Let's keep life simple.. Do to him/them what he /they have inflicted on others..( being it any living subject) This is what I call barebone justice.. Simple but effective.. THE baseball bat is appealing though..

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

Like why did he do it is the question?

Yeah he needs the same treatment the dog got.

#14 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

**The below is completely my meaningless opinion.**

Eye for an eye eh?

I recommend grace in the situation. This PERSON has a family that is also affected. The dog is dead, its "relatives" don't care and don't know whats going on.

I am also against animal cruelty in any form, I believe we are called to be "good stewards" over the animals of the earth. However, this human being still has a life left, and he obviously needs help. I say he should be prosecuted with accordance to the law and serve his punishment, but be given help. He doesn't deserve the same treatment as the animal. Don't get me wrong please...he deserves to be punished.

I swear, I think if extreme animal lovers saw Osama Bin Laden petting a dog, they would forgive him. (Sorry, this is a frustrating subject for me. This country has completely lost the value of human life.)

Edited by jwinathome, 24 May 2007 - 09:31 AM.

#15 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

I recommend grace in the situation. This PERSON has a family that is also affected. The dog is dead, its "relatives" don't care and don't know whats going on.

Without flaming or whatever but I strongly disagree JWAH. This has nothing to do with an eye for an eye but is merely meant as teaching this "person" some social skills... This time it was a dog and we give him a pat on the head.. What about next time, or even worse what if he excercise same rights and inflict this on a person. Again an eye for an eye??

Can you imagine what happens if something like this was done to one of your lovedones being it a k-nine or a human??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users