Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Plugin Information

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrKevorkian

DrKevorkian

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

For the past several months, or even years, I have idly sat by while this strange behavior, to me, has existed in my browser. I use Mozilla Firefox as my primary browser(2.0.0.3). The problem is that for some streaming windows content the plug-in player that appears doesn't seem as though it is the proper version. Below is a screenshot of what shows up when I click on a link to a media file associated with that plugin. The copyright date says 1999 which makes me believe that something is out of date. I have already downloaded Windows Media Player 11 but additionally have a K-Lite Codec Pack and WinAmp for local media playback. Also, I should note that in other external applications, such as LyFOX(a program that can stream Yahoo Music videos), I see the same thing; nothing for the most part shows up.
- Can someone clarify whether or not that is the correct plugin to see, is it the most updated?

Posted Image

Thank you for your time and/or help.

Edited by DrKevorkian, 23 May 2007 - 08:08 PM.

<3 REMEMBER THE DAY YOU SET ME FREE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratae

ratae

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:46 AM

Hello..I think you will find what you are looking for here!......... http://tinyurl.com/yopebn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users