Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Has A Problem And Must Close...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gwarf

gwarf

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

This error message pops up immediately after startup. What can I do to fix? I can't get past it. Computer screen just goes blank after I click OK. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 23 May 2007 - 01:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

What is your Internet Explorer Version? You probably unable to check your version if you don't know since you can't run IE. Below is a link by MS to help you check your IE version.

How to determine which version of Internet Explorer is installed

If it's IE 6, maybe you would like to try a re-installation of it.

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

Of course, it might not be your IE problem. Your problem may be caused by malware. Did you run your antivirus to checkout?

#3 gwarf

gwarf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

Unfortunately I can't get into my computer to do any of those things you mentioned. And on top of that, for some reason my wireless keyboard doesn't work on startup so I can't get into safe mode to see if that would work. I'm working from my work computer right now.

#4 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:32 PM

Do you have another keyboard USB or P/S2 that you could use to see if youcan get started in safe mode?
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#5 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

If your keyboard is able to work, then try downloading Firefox. It is a direct link, hope you will be able to download it.

Firefox is another web browser, this is an alternative to you since you can't use IE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users