Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WinDVD 4 won't keep 5.1 Speaker in Media Center

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fordman

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:55 PM

HP can't resolve, Intervideo can't be reached.

Here is the email I sent to HP and tried to send to Intervideo:

"Please help, I purchased a new HP Pavilion M400Y Media Center PC with WinDVD 4 bundled with my system. My Media Center computer also has a Creative SB Audigy 2ZS Sound Card.

1. I have configured and set my computer for my Logitech 6 Speaker System, 5.1 Surround Sound in Windows XP as 5.1 Surround Sound.
2. I have also configured the settings in
WinDVD 4 as 5.1 Speaker Setting.

Here is my issue:
When I put a DVD in my Windows XP Media Center Computer, a window pops up allowing me to choose WinDVD 4, Windows Media Player or Media Center to watch the DVD.
If I choose WinDVD or Windows Media Player, the DVD plays perfectly in 5.1 Surround Sound.
However, If I choose Media Center, WinDVD plays on in the default setting of 2 Speaker Sound.

I tried to resolve this problem by doing the following:
I opened Media Center and selected SETTINGS. I chose DVD, then Audio which brings up the Intervideo speaker selection choices.
I saw that it is set to the default setting of 2 Speaker Mode. I also noticed under you InterVideo logo to the right, Current Audio Track is greyed out with the following settings:
Format: AC3
Attributes: 16bit/48k/2ch
* I can send a photo of settings if you would like to an email address unless you can you can advise on sending photos using this protonic support location.

Within Media Center DVD Audio:
If I choose 6 speaker mode (5.1 channel) by putting a dot before that setting it won't change to that setting. If I close Windows Media Center and open up again and go to Audio Setting, it is back to the default 2 Speaker setting."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,431 posts
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:31 PM

Does this help:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users