Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pkibs

pkibs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:40 AM

hi guys, i suspect i have a bad virus(es) on my machine. I had been trying to install dreamweaver in my machine, all goes well, but when i start it, it loads, but does not display a thing. After i decided to install another version of Dreamweaver-MX 2004, which i had downloaded but dint have a key. I decided to download the key.This was pretty first. It was a zipped file, which prompted me to extract it by doubleclicking it. This was it, after that my machine could only be on for like 1minute, then shut down automatically, so i formatted my machine. I also installed Mcfee VirusScan but it has not detected a thing even after updating it. Actually its OAS service is also disabled, and it doesnt enable.iSince then, i have also noticed that every time i try to scan a folder, there are some files that are in most folders which are invisible. They are scanned but not detected. They are mostly numeric values of extension-.js and others .Ole, eg 1.ole, 5467.js etc. Does any body has a clue of what could be the problem?

Something else, everytime i tried to install some software, the installation has i suspect corrupted some DAT files hence does not complete.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated

(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 23 May 2007 - 08:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:13 AM

I would re-format, but this time do a low level format of the drive to ensure nothing nasty is left over.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users