Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do Get Ndiswrapper On Ubuntu 7.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

My wireless card wont work on ubuntu soi tryed the ndis command...apparently it isnt installed..u can install it from the add remove app's but u need INTERNET to do it...canonical is genius for that. I dont ahve any other connection other than wireless. i tryed downloading ndiswrapper-1.44 on xandros then saving to ubuntu. i extracted and followed the install instructions..using 'make distclean' worked fine, using 'make' had 2 errors and using 'sudo make install' had errors. all the errors lead to a file called loadndisdriver.8 and loadndisdriver.c. ive re-downloaded and re installed 3 times and still no change and i know there isnt anything wrong with my Kernel. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joedude

Joedude

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

ndiswrapper is packaged on the Ubuntu CD. You have to add the CD drive to your repositories list.
If someone tells you to su rm -rf /
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Be in the know, Bash smart!

#3 Monster_user

Monster_user

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:04 AM

Try an older version, such as NDiswrapper 1.15.
The Answers are out there, you've just got to know how to find them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users