Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"help!" Just Kidding Ctrl Alt Del Function Acting Weird

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GoodFortitude

GoodFortitude

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

I just recently rid my computer of spylocked. I did notice however that 3 days (it was fine for first 2 or 3 days) or so after getting this twisted scam virus that my control alt del window was changed to nothing more than a simple square window with no tabs and no more processes shown running in the background. They're still there ofcourse, as I could see them with Scotty the Patrol dog. All my window shows now is the current program I may be running I.e. Olivion or Command and Conquer :thumbsup: and I can shut those down...but that's it. It's like the programming for my Ctrl Alt Del window was intentionally rewritten so that I couldn't see what was running. Weird. Anyway, I am sure I am 100% free of spylocked, I just think maybe it opened the door for something else, like a worm or virus. None of the other antivirus/spyware programs I have ran will detect it though. I have tried Avg anti-rootkit, Remove it pro v4, Vcleaner, GData's Remover, the Stinger to name a few as well as a few antispyware programs. My hope is that someone will be familiar with what may have happened, as, if I can identify the virus, I can purge it. 4 all I know I changed something myself by accident, though I doubt it. BTW, my OS is XP. Thanks for any help recieved.

A man isn't measured by how many men he can bring down but, rather, by how many he brings up.

Change your circumstances; change your mind.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

Try double-clicking the gray border in the task manager.

Lets see what happens.

#3 GoodFortitude

GoodFortitude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:03 PM

And, that's why I'm here. "You're a Genius...A GENIUS!!!" well that's a little embarrassing. I wondered, if that was the case, but I couldn't get it to change back. Who would've guessed. It was the double-click virus. Well problem solved. AND FAST. thank you. "laughs at self" :thumbsup:))

A man isn't measured by how many men he can bring down but, rather, by how many he brings up.

Change your circumstances; change your mind.

#4 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

Dont fret it. haha....its kind of a dumb feature.

Now play on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users