Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Powerpoint 2007 On An Xp Platform

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spachick

spachick

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:27 AM

I teach Microsoft Office and am reluctant to go and get a brand new computer with Vista because 99% of my audiences haven't made the upgrade and are not interested in upgrading til 2008.

However, I would like to show them what certain products (ie: Powerpoint 2007 and Excel 2007) look like.

In the past when I have loaded 2 different Office programs on the same platform, it gets a little messed up.
I went on the Microsoft groups site and they said it was not supported - which perplex me since the software says for Vista/Xp.

My question (finally) is, are there any tips (other than loading it into separate folders) when it comes to loading Powerpoint 2007 on the XP platform with Powerpoint 2003 already loaded?

Thanks,
Spa

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 22 May 2007 - 02:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:37 AM

There are ways ofcourse to install MS Office 2007 on an seperate partition. However you would be better served as to first show them the Microsoft Office website with a lot of sreenshots and tutorials. I recently have purchased and installed M$O 2007 and I am flabbergasted by the functionalities. Applications like OneNote make life really easier eventhough this is only an improved version fdrom M$O2003.

BTW I am on XP SP2 and have absolutely no problem. Outlook will slow down due to its functionalities but for the rest Top Of The Bill!!( in this case liiteraly )

#3 spachick

spachick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

Thank you SO MUCH for you quick reply and your insight. I do appreciate it.

Moderator Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dialup friendly. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 23 May 2007 - 05:59 PM.

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

I have both versions installed. There was an issue I had with having both versions of outlook so I removed the 2003 version and kept the 2007. All of the other products work fine.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users