Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Down Loads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kasploticus

kasploticus

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:25 AM

hello everybody i am very supprised at the huge number of free down loads you can get on the net
things like the skype program i have found this program easy to use .and can now with the aid of a
head set and microphone talk to people all over the world. all it cost me was the price of the head
set downloads .com is one of the first places i look for a program the list is huge fire fox extenions
and up grades for programs i have already are all on the net. we all have own favourites.
so if there is a program you need google the program name and down load from a free site. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:51 AM

When it comes to free software, you've got to be careful about what sites you download from.
There are a few reputable sites, that check their downloads for malware.
There are even more sites, that don't.
If at all possible, it's best to download software from the creators website.
There's less of a chance, that malicious software will be bundled in, with the program.
Even then, be sure to scan all downloads with your Antivirus.
This goes for, ANYTHING, you download off of the internet.

A lot of people get infected by just downloading, and installing, everything they find for free, on the internet.
We have several freeware programs listed in our Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps topic.
Everything listed in there, has been tested by our members, and is malware free.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:27 AM

hello everybody i am very supprised at the huge number of free down loads you can get on the net
things like the skype program i have found this program easy to use .and can now with the aid of a
head set and microphone talk to people all over the world. all it cost me was the price of the head
set downloads .com is one of the first places i look for a program the list is huge fire fox extenions
and up grades for programs i have already are all on the net. we all have own favourites.
so if there is a program you need google the program name and down load from a free site. :trumpet:

I love the free software and for just about every Paid Software out there,an excellent free alternative is available.
As 'tg1911'said, excellent free and safe programs are available right here on BC.I find I seldom have to look elsewhere.
Got my fingers burnt at first, downloading freeware from anywhere without taking care.
And 'kasploticus' I too have Skype and indulged in a Web Cam,and found Talking 1 on 1 and the webcam brings your Cyber friends so much closer, and it's fun.IMHO. :flowers:
Any closer and I would be drinking their coffee. :thumbsup:

#4 kasploticus

kasploticus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

thank you tq 1911 yes care needs to be taken when down loading off the net i only use sites i trust
sorry i missed pointing out the fact in my post i did not list the sites as i did not want to advertise thanks again
kasploticus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users