Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Images In Windows Vista "help And Support"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tray

Tray

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

My Windows Help and Support doesn't show images anymore. Take a look.

Posted Image

The only thing different is that I created HP recovery discs and I installed Nero
Ultimate. I also have Norton internet security running. Just before this problem,
norton asked me how to handle programs over the internet or something like that.
It had already asked that before, the first time I used the computer, then all of
a sudden it asked again... like another program turn off my windows or norton firewall
which in turn prompted norton again. Help and support was still working after that
though.... so I don't know what is causing it. Any Ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:15 AM

I believe you are looing at a copy of the web page, residing in your cookies or history. You have lost the path to the true web page.
I wrote a "help" document and placed it on a free hoster some months ago. It includes a "help and support" file which, when run, will sort out the problem. You can download the whole (zip) file here.

http://www.divshare.com/download/222626-c6b

You might find some of the other stuff useful, also.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:13 AM

There was a similar issue here not long ago. I believe that it had to do with not being connected to the internet when trying to access Help and Support. Also, as uhaligani states, it could be remnants in your cookies, history, cache folders. Clearing those (in Internet Explorer or with uhaligani's file) may also help.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Tray

Tray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

I tried deleting my history, cookies, temporary internet files etc. And..... it's still not working. I'll try the files I downloaded from uhaligani when I get home from work. I'll let you guys know if it works.

Thanks.

#5 Tray

Tray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

I tried the files and it didn't work... I suspect that it might be the UAC stopping me from editing the registry even though it says that the registry file successfully made changes to the registry, I'll try running the command prompt (cmd) as an administrator and the try to execute the registry file from there. I that doesn't work, I think that it might be Nero Ultimate... I'll uninstall Nero. If that doesn't work I'll do a system restore. If that doesn't work, Iíll just reload windows again.... that would make it reload number Four (4).

#6 Tray

Tray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:19 AM

System restore worked. I executed the system restore from the recovery manager before vista was fully loaded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users