Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Visual Studio Standard

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Hi everybody. :thumbsup:

I meant to post this sooner but never got around to it before now. You may not know this but if one is persistent enough in keeping an eye on Microsoft's website you find that from time to time they offer free software for attending webcasts, labcasts or participating in other such activities. This is one of those times.

By attending two labcast's which last about an hour and a half each, you become eligible to receive a free version of Microsoft's Visual Studio Standard (Retail value $299.00). Unfortunately there are two provisions attached to this offer: one is "Offer good in the United States only through June 30, 2007, while supplies last." and the second is "This offer is available only to professionals employed in the area of software development who attend any two Visual Basic 2005 Labcasts and submit the evaluation form for each session." Also you will have to pay them $9.50 shipping and handling plus any state tax on this dollar amount.

While not exactly free, ten dollars and some change (depending on where you live) is definitely a good deal if you are interested in the software in question.

http://www.microsoft.com/business/vb2005upgrade/default.mspx

For the record I am not in the habit of posting links to software that cost anybody any money but thought that anyone who qualifies for this offer might be interested. This is the real deal, I have received my copy today and this is what reminded me to post this here. The software is five disk set (two Visual Studio disks and three MSDN Library disks) that comes in an over size CD case.

Edited by Ronbo, 21 May 2007 - 09:22 PM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users