Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If It Were Alive, I'd Murder It.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AzraelTheDarkOne

AzraelTheDarkOne

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

You may have seen it before. You are sure to see it again. Its the famous Messenger.bat file.

if you haven't, here is the specs on it (ie: the txt behind it)

@echo off
:A
Cls
echo MESSENGER
set /p n=User:
set /p m=Message:
net send %n% %m%
Pause
Goto A

Now, paste that into notepad. Save as -> Messenger.bat -> Under type, select All Files -> Click Save. Then, access the location you saved this to. Open the new batch file. You should see:

MESSENGER
User:

The user is the IP of the computer you wish to send a message to. Type the IP you wish, and press enter.
then you will see:

MESSENGER
User: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP you typed. Message is where you insert.......well, I found that text like Hi does not work. If you try, you recieve an error.
ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't know what to place here. If you wish, send a message to 172.130.198.182 if you can make this work. If you wish to find your own IP, open cmd prompt. Type this: ipconfig /all. Make sure there is a space between g and /. Go down the page. Your IP will be listed.
I guess this is just not my strong point when it comes to computers.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-AzraelTheDarkOne

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AzraelTheDarkOne

AzraelTheDarkOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

Well, a few views and no solutions...try this yourself if you would like to see what it should look like, and the various error messages that appear. Also, don't ask if I have it started in Admin Tools -> Settings. I do, dut it only takes away the main error. One still occurs afterwards. It says the message alias not found, which I also don't understand.

Edited by AzraelTheDarkOne, 22 May 2007 - 04:02 PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:07 AM

I've not found an answer for this, but I'm also not well-versed in the use of Messenger (I've turned it off on all of my systems). That being said, I'm having difficulties with some batch programming recently and am starting to suspect an issue with the differences between DOS batch files and Command Prompt batch files. Just a hunch tho'.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users