Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onboard Usb 2.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tangodelta22

tangodelta22

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:10 PM

I bought a new printer today, i tried to install the driver disk. Then connect the printer, via a usb 2.0 printer cable. To a usb 2.0 port, and it pop's up saying. This device could work faster, if you connect it to a usb 2.0 port. Click here to see a list of available ports. I click it and it disapears, also i've tried the epson web site to no avail. But the printer refuse's to connect, it starts to but fails. Epson Stylus DX6050. My pc is a compaq SR1619uk, running windows xp sp2.
Big T.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

I'm waiting for some enlightenment on this too. Have had this problem for ages
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

According to HP/Compaq website, you do indeed have USB 2.0 ports.

Did you try a different USB port? Maybe in the front or a different one in the back?

Did you try a different cable?

Many printer's come with very specific instructions on how to install their drivers. Some, you connect the printer first, then install the drivers, others, you install the drivers first and then connect the printer.

You might try disconnecting the cable and uninstalling the printer drivers. Then re-boot and install the printer by following the instructions exactly.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:41 AM

Just to confuse things even further, it could be an issue with the USB controller drivers also. I'd suggest updating them from the Compaq website.

Here's a link to the download page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=1147955
I'm suggesting that you download the " Fall 2005 Original ATI Chipset Drivers " that are listed under Original Drivers around the middle of the page.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users