Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbi Here

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chaos32

chaos32

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

Okay, 20/f/wa now that we got the basics over
not rly sure what to put here; Im not a computer wiz (my bf is) but im pretty savy w/ internet/graphic design.

ATM, my computer hates me, that said- it's not even rly my computer. I rent a room at a house, the computer was off line till my boyfriend hooked everything up (for free, even though it took 2+ hours of work) then our roomates discovered the WORLD WIDE WEB, and downloaded everything they could click on in a 4 days period.

Now the computer has 2098423098420948 viruses -no virus software (for some reason our landlord, who owns the computer, doesnt want me to go out and get virsus software, she thinks its a scam).
Anyways, maybe I can resolve some of the issues its having on this forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

Hello, chaos32.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Without Antivirus software, your (her) computer will never be cleaned.
She won't even allow, free software?
Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

Tell your landlord that without computer protection, in the form of firewall/Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware, the computer will become useless after a few more days of Internet usage, and that it will cost far more than some FREE downloads, to fix it. I am sure he doesn't leave the keys in his car with the motor running, and running an unprotected computer is just as dangerous.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 21 May 2007 - 04:52 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users