Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy A Photo To A Cd But....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:37 AM

I hope this is the right place to post this.... i'm Running Windows XP and ....

When I try to copy a photo to a CD I get the message the disk is write protected take off write protection if you want to copy to disk, but it dossent tell you how to take off this write protection ? any ideas Please....

Thanks .... Mypenry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

Right click on the files/folder that you want to copy to your disk and click on properties.

See if the files/folder has a tick on 'read only'. If so, remove the tick in read only and then try to copy the file over to the CD again.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

Is it a CD-R, or a CD-RW?
Was the CD created as a multi-session CD, or was it finalized?
If it was finalized, and it's a CD-R, you won't be able to copy anything to it.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, what tg1911 and Nikas said and if that doesn't help you could try this FREE standalone CD burner thingy... It works for me. --> http://www.silentnight2004.com/microburner.html and did I tell you that it's free?

Good Luck,
Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users