Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Python For Starters?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 merthyrblue

merthyrblue

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:16 AM

I've been thinking about learning a programming language but don't know where to start really. I know HTML, XHTML and CSS. Thought that perhaps Python was the way to go but where do i get started and download + install the interpreter? Would appreciate any knid of help and advice. Thanks all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:37 AM

There are quite a few topics on here asking a similar question.

I want to start programming, what language should I use?

Do a search. :thumbsup:

I personally use Visual Basic 6.0 (read my signature). People are saying its dying out now and that VB.Net is taking over, I would disagree.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#3 pb_25

pb_25

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:49 AM

Python can be downloaded here. [post="http://www.python.org/download/"]http://www.python.org/download/[/post]. I have done some bonus projects with it for a class. It's fairly easy to pick up, and there are tons of sample programs out there; just search for them!

#4 Naming Is Hard

Naming Is Hard

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:23 AM

Python is a great starting language ^^ learn programming concepts without having to worry about all the little things you have to do in other languages like C/C++

#5 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

There is a tutorial in the homepage of python, it says beginner's or something, but it should be fairly easy to find
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users