Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox And Opera

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 merthyrblue

merthyrblue

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:42 AM

Could someone please tell me if it's possible to configure Firefox or Opera so that they will not load any images/pictures from a single specific site?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJDET

DJDET

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:28 AM

Could someone please tell me if it's possible to configure Firefox or Opera so that they will not load any images/pictures from a single specific site?

For Firefox try: (sorry, but I have to translate this in English, my Firefox is in Dutch so some words might be poorly translated)

Tools => options=>content (3rd tab). Behind the 3rd checkbox there should be an "exceptions" box. If you click that, you should be able to enter the site(s) of which you do not wish to see the images and block those.

#3 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:49 AM

And in Opera, once the page has loaded with all the images etc that you want to block, right click>block content and then click on the element you wish to block.
Opera will then display a "done" box in the top left hand corner of the screen, click on that to shut it down and the images etc will be gone for ever.

#4 merthyrblue

merthyrblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:11 AM

That's great guys but can you also tell me how i make Opera the default browser please. Thanks MB

Mod Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 21 May 2007 - 01:03 PM.

#5 DJDET

DJDET

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

Tools => preferences => advanced => click on box: "check if opera is default browser on start up" => details => click on select all

Mod Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 21 May 2007 - 01:04 PM.

#6 merthyrblue

merthyrblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

Thanks DJDET been a big help! Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users