Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Go On, Spam Some Welcomes!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, so I'm here mostly for my computer's problems. Its kinda screwed, and I can't fix it all on my own, even though I think I'm pretty good at keeping it running right.

got quite a bit of forum experience. Around 4k posts if you were to combine all the forums I'm on/have been on.

Yeah, so If I feel these aren't too bad of forums, I'll stay around. Its gonna be hard though, because my problem is mostly internet related, so its hard to really surf that much.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

Hello Vaerli & Posted Image
Glad you've found the site :thumbsup:

Update:
Well i have gone out for 6 days for a vacation well sorry if i ever hurt you in anyway or so but i don't really intend to fill up every page of the Intro forums

I came here a bit late so pls. consider...

Edited by Commander Gman, 20 May 2007 - 10:22 PM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

Hello, Vaerli.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Hopefully, we'll be able to get your internet problems fixed, so you'll be able to hang around a while. :thumbsup:

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:24 AM

hi Vaerli.
welcome to b.c
hope you enjoy the forums :thumbsup:

mz30
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:35 AM

Welcome Vaerli.. Please post your problems in the right forum which, at a first glance, should be in the Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications board

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:35 AM

Whether the welcome is a copy/paste effort, or is individually typed, it is nevertheless an genuine effort to welcome a new person to BC. If you have visited other forums, you will know that most don't even bother....
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 Vaerli

Vaerli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

Looks like a lot of C&P replies....

Anyways, I love the forum type. Its one of my favorite, and I seem to be coming upon more sites with it.

I searched a bit, and I didn't notice a general forum rules topic or something of the sort. My main question is if there's any limit on signature file size or something like that... edit: wait, found it. :D

Edited by Vaerli, 21 May 2007 - 08:04 PM.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

Forum rules can be found by click on the "Rules" tab at the top of the page just to the left of "Donate." Here is a link to the Forum Rules:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

The appropriate sections to your main question read:

"# Advertisements, of any sort, are not permitted. This includes member names and links to commercial sites in Signatures, or in posts. If you would like to advertise on our site, contact us here.

# Signatures are limited to 5 lines or 2000 characters; whichever comes first. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable, you will be requested to adjust your signature. Failure to comply will result in the removal of your signature.

# Only one image per signature. Images in signatures must also be no larger than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high. If you have more than one image you will be requested to remove one. If this is not done in a timely manner the staff has the right to modify your signature to abide by these rules.

# Any links in signatures can not be commercial in nature. If you have a personal website or off-site help resource, that is more than fine, but you can not sell products or services through your signature. Multiple links to the same site, unless for a very specific reason, are not permitted in a signature."

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 21 May 2007 - 08:08 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users