Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nforce Driver Version 15.00

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phoenix_124

phoenix_124

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

Hi,
I was just surfing the web using my updated Vista computer (XPSP2 -preinstalled to Vista which I got for FREE from HP) and came across Nvidia. I click on the beta driver button which lead me to another webpage. I found a button that finds the driver for my motherboard (automatic) and got the nforce driver v.15. I downloaded it using IE7 with protected mode ON. While downloading, I clicked on the driver installation hints and noticed that is says to remove the Nvidia Display Driver and other stuff. And so I did. I restarted my computer and got 3 rundll messages (forgot what they are called). I didn't worry about them because I thought that after I installed the nforce driver everything would be ok. WRONG! after installation, I cannot connect to the internet and the errors were still there, so I did a system restore. Next, I tried a second time, but this time I ignored uninstalling the Nvidia Display Driver and installed the nforce driver anyway. The first attempt once I have installed it, there was no error message but I cannot connect to the internet :huh:.
The compatibitaiy wizard poped up telling me it was uncompatible and so I clicked "use reccomended settings" and I reinstalled the driver. This time, I have internet connection and no errors!!!. I went back to the Nvidia website and clicked "motherboard drivers" in http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
and got the same driver update...
Does that mean that is wasn't installed????
Ginuine Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
AMD 64 X2 1GB RAM 2.00GHz

Please note that I will try my best to assist you in this regard...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:46 AM

I had a look at the link and why do you want to upgrade that driver for? Are you looking for a video driver? http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
Dont forget Beta means in the testing stage. Always try to remember to make a system restore point b4 installing drivers, just in case.
If you want to look up driver updates for your motherboard go to the manufactors web site and search from there, if you dont know the type of motherboard you have download a program like belarc http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html or take off the side cover of your PC and it will be written on the board along with the version number.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users