Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Viruses, Slow Downs And Restarts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DarkTyrian

DarkTyrian

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

Starting last night my computer caught something ferocious and I canít figure out what it is. Randomly I went to install something on my computer and I was prompted by Windows saying that it couldnít install anything because it was waiting for a restart from a previous program I had supposedly installed already. Although I donít remember installing anything previously, and havenít for over a month I figured I was losing my mind and just restarted as prompted. After the restart the computer would boot into windows (slowly) eventually get to the desktop only to load up the volume control and my UltraMon then reboot again. It was stuck in this loop so I got into safe mode and did a virus scan with Norton 2007 but came up with nothing. I also ran my Ad-Aware which removed some garbage as well as WinOptimizer 4. I restarted the comp but was still stuck in a reboot loop, so I went back into safe mode and began to scour my HDDís for odd files. In the C:\ directory were two files just sitting there that werenít suppose to be so I deleted them (don't remember the file names). After a reboot I was able to get back into windows, but again, itís still very slow compared to normal. Also, I am now getting random popups for drive cleaners, WinAntiVirus Pro and a bunch of other garbage. Also, every once in a while Norton will tell me that itís block or deleted an infected file, Trojan, backdoor, the likes. Some of these include InfoStealer, Trojan.Vundo, Trojan.Nebuler and WinFixer. After finding these I went and deleted everything in my local folders temp and internet temp. Needless to say, the problems are still here and there is nothing left for me to delete and nothing is picking these threats up for some reason. They are hiding pretty good, so what do I do next. Please help.

Windows XP Pro SP2
Norton 2007
Ad-Aware SE
WinOptimizer 4

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

Please download http://www.atribune.org/content/view/24/2/
to your desktop.
Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
Click the Scan for Vundo button.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above
instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when
VundoFix appears at reboot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users