Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Command And Conquer Generals Zero Hour

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

I've had the command the first decade set for a few months now, and decided to finally try C&C Generals zero hour online. I make an account and log in alright. Then I join a game room and in a couple of seconds I lose connection. The error message I get is lost connection to the game. This will just randomly happen from about 10 seconds to a minute.

I've tried downloading the latest patch for generals specifically, but it did not work. I figured this was from having the first decade set. Then I downloaded the patch for the first decade and it didn't fix my problem.

I also went to portforward.com and opened the 7 ports it told me to for my router, didn't help. Then I went into the dmz section of my router and turned off the firewall all together and this didn't fix it.

I play many games online such as Guild Wars, Warrock, Warcraft 3, and i never have connection troubles. The only program running in the background is xfire.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:13 PM

Is your windows firewall off? As for the patches, they should be the same, for each game, whether it's from the decade pack or if you bought the original Generals and then bought the zero hour expansion pack (they released a patch to enable ZH to be played online with the newer ZH games, amongst other "fixes").

I seem to remember something about a "send NAT delay", -or something to that effect- causing connection issues......can you check the settings and see if you see anything like that? If you find it, uncheck it, try to get onine and lemme know how it works. :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately though, I'm still having problems. I saw the the Nat delay thing you were talking about and it wasn't checked, so I checked it (even though you said it should be unchecked). I seemed to go longer, but still got the message after a while and lost connection. Windows firewall is off too.

I noticed that it does say I have patch 1.04. Also, I was going to try using my friends proxy, but its down right now. Any more help is greatly appreciated!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

Are you on a router? If so, can you take your router out of the loop? Meaning, can you unplug your router from your computer, and plug directly into the internet (right from the modem to your computer if you're on cable or from the wall to your modem if you're on dial up)? Doing this will help to isolate the problem, which I'm thinking is your router at this point. I've seen where there was connection issues with CnC, and after everything else failed, it ended up being the router as the problem. Oddly enough, I don't remember the answer....must be getting senile in my old age.... :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

I guess it is is my router since I went to my friends house (with my computer) and played online fine. It's no big deal now because I thought they would of fixed the server's. I remember playing red alert 2 online a few years back and everyone would lag. This game did too. Oh well thanks for the help still.

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:50 AM

Blah....there's got to be a fix for it. Unfortunately, routers and networking in general isn't my strong point. You could try posting in the network/router area to see if someone else could help you out with this. Sorry I don't have a better answer!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users