Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adasgtham

adasgtham

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:28 AM

I get a RES//ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# using IE7 for windows vista. what is this and how do i fix it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

I have found that most often this is a firewall permissions error. Not always but most often. If you turn off your firewall and refresh your browser does this help?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:03 PM

What firewall do you use?
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#4 adasgtham

adasgtham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

Its not a Firewall issue Ive turned off all firewalls, lowered my security settings tryed to see if it was a spyware done everything i have read or found online about this issues nothing works on the laptop I cant even go to my home page know but im useing Windows firewall i also have nortons but i keep it off

Edited by adasgtham, 02 June 2007 - 10:12 AM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

Are you able to access the internet at all, such as with an instant messenger or email? Are you able to ping any site, such as google.com?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users