Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Disapearing Key Board

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mobileraptor

mobileraptor

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:04 AM

I have what I think is an enteresting problem,

I have an E-machine that no matter what I can not get the key board to work on. However, the mouse does work.

Using the std key board which uses the key board plug on the mother board , nothing works, I have un-installed and re-installed the key board drivers several times and tried several key boards.

I purchased a wireless USB key board and attempted to use it with no success. I installed a PCI/ usb card and tried connect the key board threw that and still no key board, but if I connect a USB mouse, it does work.

I then noticed that the soft keys on the key board, keys for sound, internet and so forth did work on the the USB key board just the alpha and numerical keys don't work. Hummmmm?

The only other thing I can think of is that some how the computer has lost the coding for reconizing the key codes. I pesume that this information would be in the bios.

I could use any help I can get.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:20 AM

First a few questions :

- what type of keyboard?
- doesn't it recognize the keyboard when booting up?

#3 mobileraptor

mobileraptor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:25 AM

First a few questions :

- what type of keyboard?
- doesn't it recognize the keyboard when booting up?

so far, the std e-machine key board, 3 gateways and a micro usb wireless. all of which work normaly on other computers. it does not reconize the key board on boot, std or in safe mode

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:36 AM

Have you looked at your country settings under Control Panel. Furthermore check if the keyboard mentioned under keyboard in the control panel are the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users