Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio Pcgfr28-5m Screen Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shueisha

Shueisha

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

Hey,

well the problem with the screen is that when i turn on my laptop it comes up with the sony vaio logo and then just turns off, however my computer sounds to boot as normal??

I am completly puzzled does any one have any help they can offer?

By the way i'm running on:

512mb RAM
ATI Graphics card
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz

The monitor is 15" TFT Active Matrix with a max resolution of 1027x768

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

Exactly what does it do, when you boot up?
Do you get the POST beep (Single beep,) indicating that the motherboard and processor pass the built in test?
Do all the fans come on, and the drive lights flash?
Does it just sit there , or does it continue like it is loading windows, with drives flashing etc, just no video?

If no lights at all, probably power supply.
If lights flash and fans spin, but no beep and then it just clicks off, or sits there with no drive activity, then probably processor, or maybe motherboard.
If lights flash, fans spin, single beep, and then the hard drive keeps flashing, probably dead video.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Shueisha

Shueisha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:06 AM

everything comes on as it should but there is no display, it's a new screen me thinks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users