Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect Pc To Tv

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 natnif

natnif

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

hi all!hope you don't mind me asking a question with my first post...

I am trying to connect my pc to my tv. the pc is quite basic so I have a vga adaptor which converts to s video. the tv has an s video input, but when i run it through this cable I get this:

http://www.octane.ie/forum/attachment.php?...mp;d=1179408814

I tried playing around with the refresh rates with no joy. any suggestions?

by the way, I have windows xp and no s video out on the pc :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 natnif

natnif
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

hi all!hope you don't mind me asking a question with my first post...

I am trying to connect my pc to my tv. the pc is quite basic so I have a vga adaptor which converts to s video. the tv has an s video input, but when i run it through this cable I get this:

http://www.octane.ie/forum/attachment.php?...mp;d=1179408814

I tried playing around with the refresh rates with no joy. any suggestions?

by the way, I have windows xp and no s video out on the pc :thumbsup:

In a small update, the pc has an SiS 661 graphics card (pci)

I have tried several different resolutions, and although none of them give a clear picture it does affect what shows on the screen of the tv. set it to 800 x 600 and it just shows static...

any ideas at all?!!

#3 natnif

natnif
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

anybody?!!!

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

Check that you have the PAL/NTSC settings correct. Also check the socket you are using on the TV. Some TVs have multiple sockets and not all of them will accept S-Video.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 natnif

natnif
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:13 PM

Check that you have the PAL/NTSC settings correct. Also check the socket you are using on the TV. Some TVs have multiple sockets and not all of them will accept S-Video.

well the socket is no problem that is all correct but I can't find anywhere to change the PAL/NTSC settings!where would I find these settings?I have had a fairly decent look but can't find them anywhere!!!

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:05 AM

It depends on the video card. Do you have the user's manual? For some cards these settings can be changed in the Display Properties, for others you have to open your computer case and change some jumpers on the card.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users