Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nafyepmop

nafyepmop

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

My computer has developed a problem today, when i try to log on to MSN messenger it takes a while for the email field to recognise what i've typed into it whereas the password field responds instatally. I tryed to uninstall it from the add/remove section of the control pannel where i got the following error message ' The windows installer service could not be accessed, this can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personel for assistance'

Since this i have also noticed that the network conenections in the control pannel is now empty and the wireless connection has disappeared from the taskbar & my quick launch buttons have disappeared.

I've tryed using system restore but it says that no changes have happened to my computer since the restore points had been made.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:19 AM

You could try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users