Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RoyBallard

RoyBallard

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:05 PM

:thumbsup: HI, I am Roy and I am from the UK.
I have just found this site accidently and have already learnt a lot.
I have had some adware and a few viruses on my computer, installed a virus checker/remover and adware remover. Also enabled my Firewall, but I am sure there is still something lurking there.

With the info I have already found, I am sure I will be able to make sure my PC is as clean as a whistle.

Fantastic Site!

Roy

Roy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:11 PM

Hi Roy :thumbsup: and :flowers: to Bleeping Computer!
Very nice to have you with us.
If I could offer some great advice, it'd be to have you download and install HijackThis. It will find your problems and we can help you fix them.

Click HERE
for the download and instructions. The experts here will be happy to help.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:17 PM

Looks to me like you are taking the right steps. Ad-AwareSE, combined with Spybot Search and Destroy are most likely to rid you of any adware, and a doing a complete scan with an Antivirus will clean up any trojans or viruses you might have. And once you get rid of them, looks to me that you now have the tools to keep your computer clean.
If you still have problems, our HijackThis volunteers can help you with the peskier ones.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:22 PM

Welcome RoyBallard.. :flowers: And..
Long live the computer malware creators.. Without them life would be to easy, and we would be out of business.. :trumpet: :thumbsup: :inlove:
Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users