Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Drive Locking Up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 benjojo

benjojo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:25 AM

Im getting very P*** off

3 days ago i found that my pendrive locked up and it would change data and read but not make new files so
i whent out to buy a new one 1Gb the same and now it has done the same 80 i have tryed formatting it
and there is no lock button What is going on have i wassted 80 on some pen drives??

--EDIT--

i have found a way to repair it

You will need:
xbox 1
Xbox > usb
windows xp

Step 1
put the xbox to usb converter in port 2 and the controller in 1

step 2
start your xbox 1 without a game

step 3 go to memory and it will say that the data drive has been croppted and reset

step 4
plug your pen grive into an xp computer

step 5
Start>control panel>admin tools> computer magement

step 6
on the side click storage and dick managment

step 7
click on the pen drive ( or sometimes known as disk1)

step 8

now format it by the diskmanger

Done its now ready for work again but all of the old files are gone...

Edited by benjojo, 19 May 2007 - 04:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:49 AM

You could have avoided losing your existing files on the flash-drive by copying them to the C: drive prior to formatting the flash-drive.
Also you seem to be suggesting that if it happens to anyone else thay will need to buy an Xbox to solve the problem. Frankly, that sounds ridiculous to me.

#3 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

Odd, I don't know what the xbox would do that a winxp comp can't. I bet that a REAL format with dban would have done the trick.

Posted Image

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:25 AM

At 80 Pounds for a 1Gb, I think you are being totally ripped off. Our local PC Store was selling these last week for $NZ 20, about 7 pounds.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:42 AM

Did you find any files such as autorun.inf or autorun.vbs on your pendrive or PC? YOU than might be the victim to a Flashdrive infection which come in various statures. PLease download http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/s...Disinfector.exe" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Flashdisinfector . After downloading start up in safe mode, disconnect from the internet and run this tool to see whether this would be the culperit.

And I do agree with rowal that PST80 for 1 GB is overdone.. You might wat to do a search for the brand and with the considerable lower prices convince the shop you have been "snaffued "..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users