Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading Pictures

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Verons88

Verons88

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

Hi, im using YAHOO mail beta.
I used to receive pictures (JPG files) as an attachment from my friends & families in my mail.

Normally, I will have to click on the attachment 1 by 1 and let Yahoo's Norton antivirus to do a scan, then only i can save in my disk.

May I know if there is a faster & more convenient way that I can download and scan all the JPG attachments in 1 go, in a single email?
I added DownThemAll add-on to my firefox, but I dont think it works as I expected, as it will only download all the links, but not the pictures...

Please advice,

Thanks
Veronica Yeoh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:03 AM

Temporarily disable Norton AV incoming email scanning (in the Norton AV options).
Download all your emails.
Save all the attachments to a new, empty folder on the C: drive by right-clicking each one and choosing "save as".
Now right-click that new folder and choose "Scan with Norton Antivirus".

You can then re-enable email scanning in Norton Antivirus options, or leave it disabled as long as you remember to save any attachments to the C: drive
as above (without opening them) then scan them all together as described above.

With email checking disabled you will also find your emails are downloaded faster. Scanning emails for viruses as they are downloaded is not essential just as long as you remember to save any attachments and check them for viruses before opening them (as described above).

Since you may forget to do this, that's why it's actually safer to do it the slow way (checking them as they are downloaded).

You have to choose between maximum safety or maximum speed.

Edited by pip22, 19 May 2007 - 07:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users