Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outerinfo, Totally Confused

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 micheleinvirginia

micheleinvirginia

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

I have tried and tried, and cant get rid of outerinfo. I got Ad Aware and it ran once, but now I get a blue screen error that my computer has shut down. Outerinfo is still there and I get popups in both IE and Firefox. Ito lose my mind because my browsers have a mind of their own. Sorry I lost part of the sentence, it wont let me type it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,469 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:27 PM

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight any of the following programs (if listed) and select "Remove".

ClickSpring
Cowabanga by OIN
ipwindows / ipwins
MediaTickets
MediaTickets by OIN
OIN
Outer Info Network
PurityScan
PurityScan by OIN
Snowball Wars by OIN
TizzleTalk
TizzleTalk by OIN
Yazzle by OIN
Yazzle ActiveX By OIN
Yazzle Cowabanga by OIN
Yazzle Kobe :filtered:! By OIN
Yazzle Picster by OIN
Yazzle Sudoku by OIN
Yazzle Snowballwars by OIN
Yazzle Kobe Balls! by OIN
Zolero Translator
or anything else with the word "OIN" or "Outer Info Network" or "Yazzle" in them.

Reboot, navigate to and delete any of the above named program folder's showing in C:\Program Files (if they still exist).

If you do not see any icon for "OIN" or "(program) by OIN" in Add/Remove Programs, then download and run the Purity Scan uninstaller.
  • Save the Uninstaller to your desktop.
  • Double click on the OiUninstaller.exe icon on your desktop.
  • Click on "Run".
  • Enter the four digit code that is displayed and click on "Uninstall".
  • Click on "Ok" and reboot your computer.
Please download RogueRemover and save to you Desktop. (This program is for Win XP, 2000, NT only)
  • Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
  • During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
  • Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program.
  • Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 micheleinvirginia

micheleinvirginia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:04 AM

Thank you! Outerinfo is gone and my system seems to be running a little bit better, but I'm still getting a whole bunch of new pages opening up. Maybe I have more than outerinfo that I need to clean out. The rogueremover said I was clean. I'm not sure what elseto look for. One of the things that is happening is that sometimes I'm not able to type something, almost like a key doesnt work. This time however I am able to go back and fix it. Sometimes a couple words dont show up and I have to go back and add them in. It's getting very frustrating.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

Install the program below. If it finds Vundo during its scan, run the vundofix.exe in the second link.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.atribune.org/content/view/24/2/
Please download VundoFix.exe
to your desktop.
Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
Click the Scan for Vundo button.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above
instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when
VundoFix appears at reboot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Edited by buddy215, 19 May 2007 - 12:20 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users