Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C:\windows\web\sys.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RELOADED

RELOADED

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

Hello.

This is my first post in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

I have a problem :thumbsup: before explaining my problem this is my hijack this log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 07:48:36 pm, on 18/05/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\webserver\bin\win32\matlabserver.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\CASIO\Photo Loader\Plauto.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\Services\SERVIC~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\comp1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.875\KillBox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Windows\Web\Sys.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\comp1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.782\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/def.../search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/def...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://mystart.incredimail.com/english
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/def...//www.yahoo.com
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DataLayer] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NoooH] C:\Windows\Web\Sys.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Photo Loader supervisory.lnk = C:\Program Files\CASIO\Photo Loader\Plauto.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MATLAB Server (matlabserver) - Unknown owner - C:\webserver\bin\win32\matlabserver.ex

-------------------------------------

Furhtermore, I receive a message every time I open my Computer as follow:-

Posted Image

Moreover, From the Entry O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NoooH] C:\Windows\Web\Sys.exe I tried to remove it from the Hijack This which describe my Error message "SnapShot"

Never the less, i can see from the running processes the folowing process:-

C:\Windows\Web\Sys.exe

I also tried to remove it by doing the following steps ...

1). From Tools >>> View >>> Select show hidden files and folders
I also uncheck the Hide extension for known file types and Hide protected operating system files

Posted Image

I have a purpose of doing this :flowers: because I wanted to folllow this path C:\Windows\Web\Sys.exe :huh:

and Still I can see the Sys.exe which I think it is the main core for my problem.

I tried also to remove it ( kill it ) by using the Killbox Software. It really did kill it but when I restart my computer I still Have the same Entitiy (04) and process ( sys.exe ) appear in my Hijack This :huh:

any suggestion or opinion :huh:

Thanks in advanced and sorry for bothering.
No goal is worthy of our time and effort if all we are going to get out of it is an end result.
If I have been helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 RELOADED

RELOADED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

:thumbsup:
No goal is worthy of our time and effort if all we are going to get out of it is an end result.
If I have been helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

#3 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hello Zivinomir and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's get a little deeper look at the system and see what we find.

Download WinPFind3u.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind3u on your desktop.

Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the WinPFind3u folder and double-click on WinPFind3U.exe to start the program.
  • Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:
    • Reg - BotCheck
  • Do not change any other settings.
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and Copy/Paste the information back here. I will review it when it comes in.

If, after posting, the last line is not < End of Report > then the log is too big to fit into a single post and you will need to split it into multiple posts.

Also, are there any Symantec products installed on this system? I see Symantec's LiveUpdate running but do not see any sign of any other Symantec products.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users