Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Unload

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newbie in hawaii

newbie in hawaii

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:54 AM

Here's a twist, or maybe a MS devious plan,
Vista Home Premium loaded onto my desktop, I want to load XP also, but I have to get rid of Vista first.
I have the Vista CD, but when I follow the installation (and un-installation) process, I just get bounced back to the same screen, that is, to enter product key.
Frustrating, can anyone help me with this un-installation process?
"Ua mau ke ola o ke kai"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_techigs64_*

Guest_techigs64_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:07 AM

Vista Home Premium loaded onto my desktop, I want to load XP also, but I have to get rid of Vista first.
I have the Vista CD, but when I follow the installation (and un-installation) process, I just get bounced back to the same screen, that is, to enter product key.

So are you trying to run the desktop as a dual boot system or are you just trying to install and run XP? If you are wanting to just install XP, I would run the install from boot and then I would delete all the current partitions and the format to a new install. But if you have things on the computer you want to save you might be in a bind. If not then just do a complete new install.

#3 newbie in hawaii

newbie in hawaii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

So are you trying to run the desktop as a dual boot system or are you just trying to install and run XP? If you are wanting to just install XP, I would run the install from boot and then I would delete all the current partitions and the format to a new install. But if you have things on the computer you want to save you might be in a bind. If not then just do a complete new install.

Thanks for the reply !
I am planning on running a dual boot system.
Have tried loading XP with Vista still loaded, but it won't let me do it. Vista tells me that it's already loaded and is the most up to date O/S.
Sooooo, I want to dump Vista, load XP, then re-load Vista. This brings me back to the same problem, Vista just won't let me dump it. I keep on getting the page where it says to enter the key.
Could it be my boot order in my bios?
Can't even re-format my hard drive where Vista is loaded, should I run a independent hard drive cleaner?
Inventing new words here, that frustrated.......lol
:huh:
"Ua mau ke ola o ke kai"

#4 Guest_techigs64_*

Guest_techigs64_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for the reply !
I am planning on running a dual boot system.
Have tried loading XP with Vista still loaded, but it won't let me do it. Vista tells me that it's already loaded and is the most up to date O/S.
Sooooo, I want to dump Vista, load XP, then re-load Vista. This brings me back to the same problem, Vista just won't let me dump it. I keep on getting the page where it says to enter the key.
Could it be my boot order in my bios?
Can't even re-format my hard drive where Vista is loaded, should I run a independent hard drive cleaner?
Inventing new words here, that frustrated.......lol
:huh:
[/quote]
Well if you have the XP cd then make sure you are booting from the CD if not then you will have to go into the BIOS and change the boot order. Once you have that done then when you are setting the hard drives up for the system just make sure to create two partitions one for XP and one for Vista. Once you complete the XP install then when you do the Vista make sure to use the second partition you created to run it from then you can run the dual boot.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:36 AM

Probably the easiest thing is to download a free utility from the manufacturer of your hard drive to format it. Then proceed with the XP installation (don't forget the SATA drivers, if needed).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users