Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijacked Browser?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 obay

obay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:02 AM

Lately, I have not been able to search for websites on the internet. More specifically, I can search for a topic but when I choose a site to go to I am always redirected to places like "monstermarketplace" or even "eBay rover?".....When this happens the task bar at the bottom of the page starts out showing the website I want but then shows the word "jump" and I am redirected to one of these unwanted sites. I run SpyBot and Norton and keep them both up to date and run them daily but nothing is ever found except for the occasional tracking cookie and once in a rare while "trojan.Zlob" which is immediately removed. I have tried to downlaod Hijack this but when I try to run it I recieve a warning message stating Im missing a certain .dll file (msvdvm or something like that), to make it more confusing , if I search for the dll file it IS on my computer. I hope this isnt too confusing and I have stated my problem clearly. Does anyone have a good site to downlaod Hijack this from?...Or possibly can someone email me the program?...Or do I even need it?...Please help! This is so frustrating. Thanks

Oliver

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:06 AM

Some infections deliberately prevent HijackThis from running. A way around this is to rename the HijackThis file to something else, such as HomerSimpson.exe and then run it. If you do post a HijackThis log be sure to put it in the correct forum.

Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Edited by Budapest, 18 May 2007 - 05:07 AM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:53 PM

I have tried to downlaod Hijack this but when I try to run it I recieve a warning message stating Im missing a certain .dll file (msvdvm or something like that)...

If when trying to run HijackThis, you receive an 'Unexpected error' that says "A required .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, was not found", please download the Microsoft Visual Basic 6 runtime files located here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users