Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access Demoind.com

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fair

fair

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:04 AM

Hi:

First of all I have Windows XP, am running IE7 and am using the IE Firewall because my Norton Antivirus Security lapsed a month or so ago. I've also tried the newest version of Mozilla Firefox am using the newest versions of the following virus and spyware/adware protection:

Avast Antivirus
SpywareBlaster
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Spybot Search & Destroy

Until last evening I had no problem reaching www.Demoind.com or its forum. However, I haven't been able to reach their website all day today. I receive the following error message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
  • You are not connected to the Internet.
  • The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
I had downloaded some Codec files so that I could watch some anime videos last evening, but I've since uninstalled them thinking those might have caused the problems but I still can't reach the site.

I know the site isn't down because I phoned a couple people I know to see if they could access the site and they could. They also have they same Internet provider as myself so it's not my provider.

Any ideas or possibility of help from here.

I used to have an account here but forgot under what name it was so I opened a new one sometime back but have never posted here since then because I've been able to take care of my own problems. Now I'm LOST! :thumbsup:

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:38 AM

I ended up at //filessharing.biz when I tried your web address. Tried to lookup here: http://www.internic.net/whois.html

they say not registered as of 17 May. Are you using the correct address?
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 fair

fair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:16 AM

I ended up at //filessharing.biz when I tried your web address. Tried to lookup here: http://www.internic.net/whois.html

they say not registered as of 17 May. Are you using the correct address?

Oops, I mispelled it. It's www.demonoid.com. But guess what. I fixed it. Turns out that my codex light pac got screwed up so that it wasn't allowing some of the most up to date pages, video, etc to show through. Once I went back and re-edited it I was able to access the page. I bet when I downloaded the other codecs packs they messed up the configurations.

Anyway...thanks for your help.

Fairheaded

Edited by fair, 18 May 2007 - 02:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users