Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Format To Fat32?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

I just did a complete wipe of my HDD. Now there is no formatting, and I cannot install DOS without having a method to format the drive. Are there any utilities that can allow me to boot and format the drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:50 PM

First of all MS-DOS 6.22 and below do not support Fat 32 File system.

Boot up your computer from the Dos installation floppy disk. Press F3 to exit the setup. It should take you to a command prompt. Type fdisk and press enter.

Create a primary DOS partition of any size that you want (nothing over 2Gb is supported.)

Restart the computer and boot up to the DOS setup screen.

It will ask to format the drive after you select where you want it installed.

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users