Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Icons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:12 AM

if nobody knows, you can use the office 2003 desktop & all programs menu icons for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, & Access. Unfortunately there's no 2003 version icon for Binder (95/97/00) or Unbind (XP). & i'm affraid this will not work for the office shortcut bar for any version of the office shortcut bar. Sorry no shortcut bar for office 2003. And this will only work on Windows XP.
Windows 95/98/NT/00 are not compatible with office 2003., because of the 3D style to it. The Office 2003 icons do display in the shortcut bar, but they will look terrible.
Just get a copy of these size files... this is important because all versions of the office programs have the same file name, but the sizes are different, the 2003 versions are the largest. example...WINDOWS.EXE is seen in office 95/97/00/XP/2003. but 95 will be the smallest files while 2003 the largest.

WINWORD.EXE 11.4 MB version (Word 2003)
EXCEL.EXE 9.61 MB version (Excel 2003)
FRONTPG.EXE 4.21 MB version (FrontPage 2003)
MSACCESS.EXE 6.32 MB version (Access 2003)
MSPUB.EXE 5.42 MB version (Publisher 2003)
POWERPNT.EXE 5.85 MB version (PowerPoint 2003)
OUTLOOK.EXE 191 KB version (Outlook 2003)
If you know a way around changing the Outlook icon please let me know.
The button is not available in outlook to change the icon.
EDIT: if you create a shortcut from the main OUTLOOK.EXE file located in the office folder in program files. you'll be able to change it. If you have trouble changing other icons you can do the same.

One Note i think is a new feature in office 2003.
ONENOTE.EXE 438 KB version (OneNote 2003)

Just makes the Windows XP All Programs menu look nice with with these icons, just matches in better.

I Would like to change my toolbars, Menues, & Icons of my office xp to look like Office 2003, but those programs that do it are expensive. I'm not buying office 2003 as not much difference to office xp (2002). I like the new style (appearance) of it though.

If i have missed any, please let me know and i'll add them in.

Edited by Izzy, 18 January 2005 - 04:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:40 PM

You can change all the icons for word docs excel xls files and so on as well follow this...

Click Start
Control Panel
Appearance And Themes
Folder Options

A Box appears

CLick on the File Types Tab

You'll be able to go through the list finding all the programs

MIcrosoft Access (there will be severall of them but with something after each one)

Click on it then click on advance then click on change icon then click on browse the go to the location you have place your EXE files of the program (2003 ver) double click and all the icons should appear. Then select the icon you want or the new version of tha icon.

I would add my icons on here for you to have a look at but i don't know how to put them in. If you know please let me know.

Edited by Izzy, 18 January 2005 - 02:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users