Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware And Adware And Trojans, Oh My!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stegy

Stegy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:41 PM

Hi.

I've had my computer for years--going on three now I believe. I've never had any problems with it whatsoever, and if I had I managed to take care of it all by myself. I would consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to computers and whatnot, and usually I can take care of a lot of problems without help.

..but I need help.

I can't even fathom of what happened to my poor computer. One day I was playing a game that I've always played online (Naruto-Arena, incase it matters) and then BAM!, DriveCleaner starts downloading SOMETHING. I'm all like "omgwtf?" so I start closing stuff. It doesn't stop. I finally decide to hard shut-off my computer to end the download.

Phew, I'm safe.

Yeah, right.

I have so many trojans.. spyware.. adware.. I can't even fathom all the stuff on my computer. I downloaded a few problems to help; one was SpyNoMore (which, sadly, only really Scans my computer and doesn't fix it) which picked up 37 threats (I got it down to 30 now); another problem said I had 1334 infected files. O_O

I downloaded VundoFix and that BeGone thing, but it doesn't appear to be helping because I still have a ton of crap on my computer.

Help? /cry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:13 PM

Welcome Stegy

Please download RogueRemover and save to you Desktop. (This program is for Win XP, 2000, NT only)
  • Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
  • During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
  • Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program.
  • Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users in "SAFE MODE".

Post back if you continue to have problems and we will direct you on how to post a Hijackthis log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Stegy

Stegy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:12 PM

Welcome Stegy

Please download RogueRemover and save to you Desktop. (This program is for Win XP, 2000, NT only)

• Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
  • During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
  • Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program.
  • Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users in "SAFE MODE".

Post back if you continue to have problems and we will direct you on how to post a Hijackthis log.

Well, the SUPERAntiSpyware seems to have done the trick, but I really don't know. My computer just seems different, like it has become a tad slower or something. I don't have any more annoying pop-ups, but I wasn't really concerned about that, just the trojans/worms my computer supposedly had/has.

I probably would feel better posting a Hijackthis log, just to make sure.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users