Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP SP2 help plz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 L0rd_Ori0n

L0rd_Ori0n

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:09 AM

ya well recently i bought a new MB and Proc a nforce3 250gb lanparty ut MB and the 64bit athlon 3200+ proc and was wondering if that could cause the comp to not want to go any further than a blank screen (black) with nothing but my curser free to move anywhere. But is what i want to know is after i install SP2 i get as far as the blank screen and nothing happens i can leave it there and nothing will happen and i know it aint my HD b/c befor i upgraded my comp i had sp2 working is there any thing that anyone can tell me to get further than the blank screen if you need more info just ask and ill give you all you need. but if i dont install SP2 then will that be bad for my comp sence im using win xp pro? but to restate the problem i can have all my other updates up but sp2 and when i install it after i reboot to have sp2 active it just goes thru the normal paces past the winxp pro screen and gets to where windows would load up but stays blank with nothing but a curser free to move where it wants. any help would be nice and if possible e-mail anything that would help me thanx
Don't Wound What You Can't Kill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:27 PM

Got me confused a bit :thumbsup:

So your saying with SP2 , you never get a desktop and without it your fine?

#3 L0rd_Ori0n

L0rd_Ori0n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:46 PM

ya pretty much so lol.
Don't Wound What You Can't Kill

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:16 PM

Kinda a strange issue. what I would do is make sure you have all the latest drivers for each component in your computer and install SP 2 again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users